Pembrokeshire Youth provides experiences, opportunities, information, advice and personal support for young people aged 11-25 years.
Youth workers work as part of teams within Families of Schools, programmes are delivered by full and part-time youth workers from dedicated youth centres and in community settings across the county, such as community learning centres, schools and community/village halls. Youth centres have a range of programmes and activities on offer as well as community projects that you can get involved in. This short film shows what the Youth Work Strategy for Wales means to young people: https://youtu.be/BjkQz7ZnxjA
Community Youth Team
The Community Youth Team provides young people aged 11 - 25 with universal access to opportunities, activities and youth clubs within the community. They can offer:
- opportunities and experiences for the personal, social and political development of young people, including accredited programmes e.g. DofE, Agored Cymru, Sports Leadership, Heartstart
- access to advice, information, personal support and guidance
- opportunities to be involved in decision-making
- Issue based workshops
- Residential and holiday programmes
- Opportunities for volunteering and work experience placements
- Support for young people who are not in education, employment or training
- Community engagement programmes for young people to become active citizens and make a contribution to their local environment.
For further information about the Community Youth Work Team please contact:
Liz Griffiths Tel: (01437) 776635 Email: email@example.com