On 8th May 2019 Young Voices for Choices and Rights Youth Forum held their first Big Conversation event for young people in partnership with Children and Young People's Rights Office, Pembrokeshire Inclusion Service, Disability Sport Wales, Sport Pembrokeshire and Get Out Get Active (GOGA). 4 young people from each of Pembrokeshire's secondary schools were invited, 2 of whom had a physical or sensory impairment or emotional or medical need.
Delegates from 6 secondary schools attended the event, where they had the opportunity to discuss well-being, find out what Pembrokeshire County Council is doing to support young people's well-being and they set up an action plan on promoting well-being in schools. The afternoon consisted of practical activities to promote well-being and inclusion.
Facilitators and speakers at the event were:
• Cllr Josh Beynon - County Councillor Lead on Well-being
• Nichola Jones - Head of Inclusion
• Judith McNamara - Disability Inclusion Officer
• Angela Miles - Disability Sports Development Officer
• Jess West - Get Out Get Active Activator
• Nadine Farmer - Youth Participation Worker
• Young people from Young Voices for Choices Youth Forum, Rights Forum and Sport Pembrokeshire Platinum Young Ambassadors``
The event was very successful. 96% of participants stated that they would attend another event and 6% said maybe they would attend another event.
A big thank you to the pupils from all the secondary schools who attended, to the Sports Pembrokeshire Platinum Young Ambassadors and to the young people from the fouth Forums who planned and hosted the event
If you would like more information on:
Young Voices for Choices Youth Forum or Rights Youth Forum please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Disability Sport and Sport Ambassadors please contact email@example.com
GOGA - Get Out Get Active please contact Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org